Pilot & Airfield Information
The information on this page provides guidance and quick reference for pilots visiting Sherburn in Elmet airfield and as such, it is not intended to replace official publications.
Sherburn-in-Elmet Airfield is located 1.5 nautical miles (2.8 km; 1.7 mi) east of Sherburn-in-Elmet village and 5.5 NM (10.2 km; 6.3 mi) west of Selby, North Yorkshire, England.
- ICAO Code: EGCJ
- Address: The Aerodrome, New Lennerton Lane, Sherburn in Elmet, LS25 6JE
- Telephone: 01977 682 674
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PPR is not mandatory at Sherburn Airfield, but you are welcome to use the PPR form if you prefer. You can always give the Flightdesk a call or call on frequency 122.610 for airfield information.
Air-Ground Radio & NDB
- Sherburn Radio: 122.610 Changed 20th October 2018
- NDB (SBL) on A/D: 323.0 | Range 10nm | Location N5347.37 W00112.50
BACKTRACKING ON ACTIVE RUNWAYS IS NOT PERMITTED
- 28 Tarmac - TORA 799m, LDA 616m | 10 Tarmac - TORA 616m, LDA 616m
- 28 Grass - TORA 616m, LDA 616m | 10 Grass - TORA 616m, LDA 616m
- 24 Grass - TORA 696m, LDA 703m | 06 Grass - TORA 723m, LDA 676m
- 19 Grass - TORA 553m, LDA 521m | 01 Grass - TORA 553m, LDA 553m
Arrival & Departure Information
BACKTACKING ON ACTIVE RUNWAYS IS NOT PERMITTED
Arrivals and departures route via Selby, Ferrybridge Power Station or the A1/M1 interchange.
Standard Overhead Join at 2000 feet QFE.
All Departures via the circuit at 1000 feet QFE.
Avoid overflying BURN glider site - winch launches to 3000'
The circuit in use provided on the first contact with Sherburn Radio.
- 28 Lefthand / 10 Righthand
- 24 Lefthand / 06 Righthand
- 19 Lefthand / 01 Righthand
All circuits are 1000 feet QFE.
Sky Demon, Pooleys & AFE circuit diagrams may be incorrect.
An application to develop a GNSS approach is currently underway. More information to follow.
Fuel is available during hours of aerodrome operation.
- AVGAS 100LL
- AVGAS UL91
- AVTUR JET A1
Fees & Charges
Please see our airfield price list for up to date information.
Customs and Immigration
Available by prior arrangement only. Please contact the flightdesk.
Please contact the flight desk should you require local information from places to visit, accommodation and local transport.